Personal Bill Pay
CheckFree® Bill Payment
CheckFree bill pay is an easy way to pay your monthly bills. To use bill pay, simply enter the information for the person or company you'd like to pay. If CheckFree does not have the ability to make the payment electronically, it will cut a check on your behalf and mail it.
Payments begin processing two (2) business days prior to your scheduled payment date, so you'll need to schedule payments a few days prior to the due date. Through this service, you can also schedule payments up to a year in advance, and should you happen to schedule a payment to be received on a weekend or a holiday, it will automatically be adjusted to fall on the previous business day. Paying bills electronically enhances your ability to control your payments, allowing you to better manage your cash flow and avoid late fees.
Use Popmoney to pay anyone you know, or owe – it’s the easy way to send and receive money directly from your United Republic Bank account. Pay your rent or send money to your kids away at college – it’s safe and secure and all you need is an email address or mobile phone number.
With Popmoney, a recipient can receive money in as little as one business day. However, in some cases it may take longer. For example, if you send an email or mobile payment and the recipient is not yet registered for Popmoney, he/she must sign up for the service so that we have their account information to deposit their payment. Also, if you exceed your next-day payment limits, then we will deliver payments within three business days. Limits can and will vary and can be checked by clicking the Help icon on the Send Money screen.
More great features of Popmoney include:
- Personalize your gift payments with an e-greeting template
- Set up future-dated payments and recurring payments
- Import contacts from popular email services (such as Hotmail®, Yahoo!® ,Gmail®)
- Send money using an account number, in addition to using an email address or mobile number
- Add multiple email addresses and mobile numbers for any contact
- Respond to all Popmoney activity, including depositing payments and paying requests, from a central dashboard, or “To Do List”
- Receive money by simply verifying an email address or mobile phone number (without formally enrolling)
- Access the largest person-to-person payment network for financial institutions, with 1,400 participating banks and credit unions.
*There is a $0.50 fee for every Popmoney transfer.
How to Enroll
To enroll in CheckFree bill pay, you must be an Online Banking customer. Once logged in to Online Banking, you will see a Bill Payments tab. Click that tab to accept the terms and conditions and log into bill pay for the first time. The next time you log in to Online Banking you will see a new "widget" on your accounts page that will allow you quick access to all of your existing billers so you can make payments without going into the CheckFree site. However, you can click on the Bill Payment tab at any time to add your manage your billers, or to view and pay your eBills. To add additional "pay from" accounts, please contact us at 402-505-8500.